Wednesday, October 29, 2008

N.H Senate - 7 days out

I'm signed up for the candidates email updates and, naturally, I got an email message encouraging me to give that final push toward victory from both candidates. Shaheen has widened her lead to +8.6 according to RealClearPolitics. There is another debate between the candidates tomorrow night, so that should be interesting given the contentious nature of the first debate.

Back to the emails, Shaheen sent a video message from her campaign manager:

https://jeanneshaheen.org/contribute/7days

in which the manager thanks all of Shaheen's supporters for their help and encourages a final push toward the end. There is also a brief mention of the 'negative attacks' perpetrated by the other side. I find it interesting how dressed down the manager is. I would imagine they are going for an inclusive/casual vibe, but it almost comes off as too staged for me, especially given the background of the shot with its sort of 'down-home' vibe.

The Sununu email has the following exerpt:

"Out of State Union supporters of Jeanne Shaheen are luring rally attendees by offering tickets to a New Hampshire Fisher Cats game. It speaks volumes about what Shaheen has to do to inspire anyone, and we cannot let it work."


I don't really think I need to analyze this exerpt, although it is interesting that this forms a significant part of the email, given how little of the Shaheen video is focused on anything other than warm fuzzies.

Also interestingly, the Sununu campaign has been heavily touting the debate(s), while the Shaheen campaign has not. Does this mean that Sununu was clearly the winner? I couldn't honestly tell you, as, from watching the debate I thought both did well (if a little agressive). But it's interesting to see which campaign is touting it and which is ignoring it.

No comments: